The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Global Aussie, Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
I was nominated by the lovely Andreea from Penny Plain Fit. Penny Plain Fit is a blog run by Andreea and Alin, whose incredible weight-loss journey has sparked a love of fitness and nutrition. Their blog is full of great tips, useful information, and brilliant race recaps (the most recent being the London Marathon!). If you need some inspiration, this is a blog for you!
10 Questions from Andreea
1. What’s one of the most weird things about you? My answer would be that I can’t straighten one of my fingers – and I have no idea why! I also asked my Mum to answer this, as she’s brilliantly, brutally honest: ‘Dad thinks I’m mean, but you have long skinny fingers and toes like a tree frog!’ Thanks, Mum 😉
2. Latest amazing discovery? No-tie laces from the Friendly Swede! Trust me, after a long run, being able to pull your shoes off in seconds without faffing with knots is SO GOOD.
3. Do you have any phobias? I wouldn’t say I have any phobias, but I don’t like the dark very much – especially after a scary film!
4. Last book that you read and you would recommend? I’d have to pick a book I’ve recently re-read: A life without limits, by Chrissie Wellington. Go grab a copy.
5. Did you have any song on repeat lately? Cheap Thrills – Sia.
6. If you could have one super power what would that be? I would love to be able to fly!
7. Cats or dogs? Cats. I love cats. I’m allergic, but it’s worth it.
8. How would you describe the perfect holiday? Somewhere beautiful, with lots to explore; like Iceland, or the Scottish Highlands, or Latin America. Plenty of hiking and lovely landscapes to photograph.
9. What’s your favourite way of exercising? I’m a runner, but I also love cycling and swimming. I used to surf when I lived in Devon, which I loooved, but I’m too far from the coast now.
10. Last thing you did that made you proud? I got a new PB at Barcelona Marathon last month!
Favourite Blog nominees!
I have so many blogs that I love, so I’m going to list a few that you’ve definitely got to check out 😉 I used Bloglovin for follower numbers.
Anna – Anna the Apple. A healthy mix of running, apples, and cake. Go and check out her Boston Marathon recap!
Fiona – Scallywag Sprints. Blunt, entertaining and super interesting posts on sport, fitness, body image and realistic healthy living.
Lucy – Lucy Lunges. A talented triathlete, blogging about fitness and healthy living. Currently training for her first half-ironman.
Autumn – Tiny Runner. A brilliant runner who loves racing and training across road, fell, trail, relays and cross country.
Cathy – runslikeadog. A hilarious blog all about running, cycling and swimming as she trains for her first ironman.
10 questions for my nominees:
1. Is there a sport you’d love to try, but haven’t yet? What is it and why?
2. Where did you go on your last holiday?
3. Who inspires you the most?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What’s number 1 on your bucket list?
6. What’s your happiest memory?
7. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
8. Road or trail?
9. What’s your dream job?
10. What was your favourite race/event?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Images can be found at The Global Aussie.)
3. For the 2016 Liebster Award, write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself as provided by your nominator’s 10 Questions.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published your post, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post or The Global Aussie if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).